Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Don't Touch My Car

One of my (many) pet peeves is when someone puts a flyer on my windshield. Now, I have to deal with this piece of paper! Sometimes I try to flick it off with my windshield wipers, but can't really do that because it would be littering (and it usually doesn't work anyway). It irritates me that someone thinks it's OKAY to put something on my personal property. DON'T TOUCH MY VEHICLE, PEOPLE!

Even if I want, and have been searching for, the product or service you are offering, I will not patronize your business because you violated my "code of conduct". This also applies to anyone calling my home, trying to sell something.

And, while we're on the subject, I'm not a fan of being accosted outside the grocery store with people trying to get me to sign a petition, or buy something. It just feels like an ambush. There ARE things I want to support, but I don't want to feel forced to do it. But, maybe that's just me....

1 comment:

  1. I've been known to fake a cell phone conversation in order to avoid purchasing Girl Scout cookies. Yes, there is a visible disappointment that crosses those sweet little faces, but my heart hardens as I hear the mothers behind them whisper "There's another one, go get them." Then I'm over the momentary guilt. True Story.

    ReplyDelete